Seeqr has partnered with The Points Guy affiliate network for our coverage of credit card products. Seeqr and The Points Guy may receive a commission from card issuers. The offers mentioned below are subject to change at any time and some may no longer be available.
- Normal Bonus: 40,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 on purchases in the first three months.
- Limited Time Bonus: 60,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening.
Yes, the higher bonus comes with a higher minimum spending requirement, but you'd be earning an incredible 20 bonus points per dollar with either bonus, so as long as you're sure you'll spend $3,000 in the first three months, it's well worth the trade-off.
- XN Fare Class - Access to lower-priced award tickets that aren't available to non-elite fliers.
- Two One-Time United Club Passes Per Year - Starting with your first cardmember anniversary.
- 25% Off In-Flight Purchases
- Up To $100 TSA Precheck/Global Entry Fee Credit - This card has the lowest annual fee of any card that offers this perk. Available once every five years.
- Primary Rental Car Insurance - One of the few cards to offer primary rental car insurance on valid rentals, meaning it applies before your own auto insurance policy, rather than after.
- Upgraded Boarding - Board in Group 2, and bring a carry-on bag even if you're flying Basic Economy.
- Free Checked Bag - For yourself and one companion on your reservation.
The United Club passes, Precheck/Global Entry credit, and the primary rental car insurance are all basically unheard of perks for a ~$95/year card (and remember, that annual fee is waived for your first year), and this special bonus is a nice cherry on top.
Editorial Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Photo: Nick Morales/Unsplash