Update: Prime Day 2020 has come to an end, but be sure to join us in a few short weeks for the best Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals!
Free Amazon Credit
Before you do anything else on Prime Day, you'll want to do this. Just head to this page, activate the offer, and then buy $40 worth of Amazon gift cards for yourself or someone else. Within two days, Amazon will add a bonus $10 credit to your account for future orders. That's pretty darn close to free money.
If there's one thing you can count on during Prime Day, it's a whole slew of best-ever deals on Amazon's ever-growing assortment of gadgets. We're rounding up all of the best discounts on Echo smart speaker and displays, Fire TV streaming sticks, Kindle ereaders, Ring doorbells, Eero Wi-Fi routers, most of which are down to new all-time low prices, for Prime members only.
- Amazon Echo Flex | $10 | Normally $25 | Includes free smart bulb
- Amazon Echo Dot (3rd Gen) | $19 | Normally $50
- Amazon Echo Studio + Free Smart Bulb | $150 | Normally $200
- Amazon Echo Auto | $20 | Normally $50
- Amazon Echo Show 5 | $45 | Normally $90
- Amazon Echo Show 8 | $65 | Normally $130
- Amazon Echo Show 10 | $150 | Normally $230
- Amazon Kindle with Backlight | $60 | Normally $90
- Amazon Kindle Paperwhite | $80 | Normally $130
- Amazon Kindle Oasis | $175 | Normally $250
- Amazon Fire 7 Tablet | $40 | Normally $50
- Amazon Fire HD 8 | $55 | Normally $90
- Amazon Fire HD 8 Plus | $75 | Normally $110 | Includes extra RAM and wireless charging.
- Amazon Fire HD 10 | $80 | Normally $150
Amazon Fire TVs
- Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K | $30 | Normally $50
- Amazon Fire TV Cube | $80 | Normally $120
- Amazon Fire TV Recast OTA DVR | $130 | Normally $230
- Insignia 24-inch Smart HD 720p TV - Fire TV Edition | $80 | Normally $150
- Toshiba 32" 720p Fire TV | $120 | Normally $180
- Insignia 39-inch Smart HD 720p TV - Fire TV Edition | $140 | Normally $230
- Toshiba 43-inch Smart HD 1080p TV - Fire TV Edition | $180 | Normally $280
- Insignia 43-inch Smart 4K UHD - Fire TV Edition | $200 | Normally $300
- Toshiba 43-inch Smart 4K UHD with Dolby Vision - Fire TV Edition | $210 | Normally $330
- Insignia 50-inch Smart 4K UHD - Fire TV Edition | $250 | Normally $350
- Toshiba 50-inch Smart 4K UHD with Dolby Vision - Fire TV Edition | $260 | Normally $380
- Insignia 55-inch Smart 4K UHD - Fire TV Edition | $290 | Normally $430
Ring Home Security
- Ring Video Doorbell | $70 | Normally $100 | Includes free Echo Dot
- Ring Video Doorbell 3 | $140 | Normally $200
- Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus | $160 | Normally $230 | Includes video pre-roll feature
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro | $170 | Normally $250 | Includes free Echo Show 5
- Ring Alarm Home Security System | Starting at $120 | Normally starting at $200
- Ring Indoor Cam | $45 | Normally $60
- Ring Stick Up Cam Battery | $80 | Normally $100
- Ring Spotlight Cam Battery | $150 | Normally $200
- Ring Floodlight Camera | $190 | Normally $250
If you're constantly losing track of your keys, your wallet, or your cat, it's time you found a good deal on a Tile gadget tracker.
Right now on Amazon, Prime members can get a single Tile Pro keychain tracker for $24 (from $35), two Tile Mates for $34, or a bundle that includes a credit card-sized Tile Slim for $40 or $45.
Tiles make it easy to find whatever they're attached to if your phone is within 150 feet or so. Just open up the app, and tell it to ring. And if you have your keys but can't find your phone, it works the other way as well: just double press the button on your tile to trigger a phone alarm, even if it's set to silent. I can't tell you how much time these things have saved me trying to get out the door.
Just note that the Tile Mates and Tile Pros feature replaceable batteries, but the Tile Slims do not. Once the batteries run out on the Slims in a year or so, you can contact Tile to replace them at a discount.
The Ultimate Charger
Anker's PowerPort Atom PD 4 is somewhat legendary in the gadget charging space. Between its two USB-C ports and two USB ports, it can output up to 100 watts of power. Depending on the size of your computers, that means you could charge two laptops and two phones at the same time with a single power outlet. It's ostensibly designed for use in the home (and would be a perfect home office gadget), but it's small enough to pack in a suitcase to charge your gadgets on the go.
Anker PowerPort Atom PD 4 | $68 | Normally $100
Herschel Supply Co.
Since 2009, Vancouver-based Herschel Supply Co. has been turning out great looking travel gear that really sweats the details, and you can save on several of the brand's most popular bags for Prime Day.
The sale mostly consists of backpacks, but just about anyone could find use for the $20 Chapter Travel Kit (ostensibly a dopp kit, but it could also be used to organize small electronics), or the $50 Novel Duffel Bag, which would make for a great weekender.
Electric Yard Tools
There's really no good reason to buy gas-powered lawn tools, anymore. Battery operated versions like these from GreenWorks are powerful enough for most jobs while being quieter, cleaner, and less prone to breakdowns. Several tools from chainsaws to edgers are included in the Prime Day festivities, but I have a good feeling that this $83 leaf blower(down from $104-$129) will be the star of the show.
Zojirushi Rice Cooker
Why leave rice to chance on the stove when you could get perfectly cooked grains every single time, at the touch of a button? You'd find a Zojirushi fuzzy logic rice cooker in many a Japanese kitchen for a reason, and now, you can add one to your own appliance collection for an all-time low $105, today only.
Zojirushi Rice Cooker | $105 | Normally $140-$180
Philips Hue is far and away the most popular and widely compatible smart lighting solution out there, but it doesn't usually come cheap. Today though, Prime members can get a four-bulb white starter kit with a Hue Bridge and a smart switch for $88 (discount shown at checkout), or a single white bulb with a smart dimmer switch for $40 (discount shown at checkout).
These aren't the colorful bulbs that you've probably seen in various YouTube videos and commercials, but we'll let you in on a secret: everybody with the color bulbs just uses them as regular white lights 99% of the time. Plus, you can use these while you travel to convince potential ne'er-do-wells that somebody's home.
True Wireless Earbuds
If you like the idea of Apple's AirPods--truly wireless headphones that pair instantly and charge inside their own carrying case--but don't feel like spending over $150, then this deal's for you.
Anker's been turning out the best budget true wireless headphones for years, and the brand's Soundcore Life P2 earbuds are one of the best values in the space at their usual $50. But if you clip the 20% coupon on the page for Prime Day, you can get them for just $40.
The earbuds feature the latest Bluetooth 5.0 technology for reliable pairing to your phone, they run for seven hours on a charge (and up to 40 hours if you count the battery case), and are even IPX7 waterproof, so you can wear them while you sweat, or out in the rain. Noise canceling microphones ensure that your voice calls and Zoom meetings soundcrystal clear, and adjustable eartips help isolate sound for a better listening experience, even on a loud train or plane.
They went on sale in June for $45, and our readers bought over 1,000 pairs.
Anker SoundCore Life P2 Earbuds | $40 | Normally $50 Clip the 20% coupon
Bonus Cash Back
The Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card and the Amazon Prime Store Card are both worthy additions to any Prime member's wallet, if only for the 5% cash back on all Amazon purchases. But this week, the card truly gains savings superpowers.
Now through October 18, if you pay for select items on Amazon with your Prime credit card, you'll get up to 25% cash back, rather than the usual 5%. That includes things like Nintendo, Playstation, and Xbox gift cards, toys for the holidays, and even high-end gadgets from the likes of Sonos, Bose, GoPro, and more.
Telescopes and Binoculars
If you are someone who has their eyes on the skies, this Prime Day is a great time to check out reduced pricing on Celestron’s assorted telescopes, spotting scopes, and binoculars. Whether you categorize yourself as a professional birdwatcher eager to catalog a new feathered friend or an aspiring astronomer hoping to catch a closer look at distant planets and stars, there’s a deal for you.
If staring into space has captured your attention recently, then the Celestron 70mm Travel Scope (down to $60 from the usual $69-$90) is a good idea for you. This telescope not only boasts a 70mm lens that makes it perfect for poor light conditions and long range viewing, but also is lightweight and compact enough to bring along on all of your adventures. The entire package includes two eyepieces for closer and further views, a tripod for stabilization, and a backpack for both easy storage and so that you can get up and go when you hear about clear sky conditions. Whether you are a beginning starwatcher getting your bearings or an experienced professional looking for something more lightweight, the Celestron 70mm Travel Scope is perfect for scanning the skies without breaking your back — or the bank — getting there.
Unless you've been hibernating for the last few years, you've probably heard something about weighted blankets.
They don't just keep you warm, but they simulate the feeling of a big bear hug, which can cause your brain to release seratonin and melatonin to make you feel content, relaxed, and sleepy after a stressful day. I can't speak for everyone, but the sensation absolutely works on me: it's an essential part of my evening wind-down.
This 20 pounder from YnM is heavy enough for nearly everyone to enjoy, and you can get it for $65 at checkout (after clipping the $15 coupon), down from the usual $80.
20 Pound YnM Weighted Blanket | $65 | Normally $80 | Clip the $15 coupon
Update: This particular Vitamix deal sold out, but you can still get a refurbished model for $179, if you're a Prime member.
It’s around that time of the year where between prepping for family dinners and New Year’s Resolutions, you want to think about kitchen upgrades. While there’s a variety of different great kitchen options on sale today, you probably want to think about picking up the Vitamix 5200 Blender ($259 from $400-$494) for a truly great deal.
This blender has everything you’ve ever wanted in a blender, and arguably even more than that. It features a full 64-ounce container to lend you a helping hand whether you’re making a smoothie for one or soup for five. Speaking of soup — not only does the Vitamix 5200 boast hardened stainless-steel blades, but they are also able to spin at speeds fast enough to create friction-heated liquids in no time. Whipped coffee, anyone?
As if that wasn’t enough, the Vitamix 5200 is also completely self-cleaning, saving you space in the dishwasher and peace of mind. If you want to pick up the Vitamix 5200 Blender for a great deal and a 7 year warranty, check out the deals — and the two great colors — here.
Vitamix 5200 Blender | $259 | Normally $400-$493
Heads up — the American Dental Association advises that the average person should be flossing once a day, but unfortunately, surveys show that around 16% of people floss once a day, while 20% floss only when they feel that they need to. Brushing your teeth alone isn’t enough to keep your pearly whites in good shape; flossing is an important part of your routine.
There’s no better way to maintain your teeth than to invest in the Waterpik WP-660 Water Flosser ($39, down from $70). While traditional floss has its limitations, the Waterpik can be used whether you have sensitive gums, braces, implants, or any other dental work that makes maneuvering difficult, and is 50% more effective at improving gum health. Talk about healthy teeth!
There’s really no end to Waterpik’s multiple boasts — it has earned the official Seal of Acceptance of the American Dental Association; it comes with multiple tips for multiple family members; and, for those among us who are committed to aesthetics, it comes in a variety of beautiful colors ranging from mint green to purple.
Waterpik Oral Irrigator | $39 | Normally $70
Whether you're going to the store or going on vacation, you never want to worry about whether you remembered to lock the door. And with this August Pro Wi-Fi connected smart lock, you won't have to.
Unlike most smart locks, August's installs over your existing deadbolt, so you won't have to change your keys. And once it's set up, you can lock and unlock your door from your phone, and grant house sitters and overnight guests temporary access using their own phones.
The lock by itself usually costs around $170-$230, but for Prime Day, it's down to $155, with a free Echo Dot thrown in for good measure.
August Smart Lock Pro + FREE Echo Dot | $155 | Normally $170-$230
Brydge iPad Keyboards
Brydge's best-in-class keyboard cases turn your iPad into a true, travel-friendly laptop replacement, and several models have rare discounts for Prime Day.
The Brydge Pro keyboard is down to $100 for both the 12.9" and 11" iPad Pros (2018 and 2020), down from $170 and $150, respectively. But since a recent update to iPad OS brought true trackpad support to the iPad, you may want to splurge on the Pro+ model ($160 for the 12.9", $140 for the 11"), which includes a trackpad.
Kitchen pedants will tell you that there's no such thing as air frying. "It's just convection baking," they'll insist. And technically, they're right. But who cares! A small, fast-heating, countertop convection oven is an incredibly useful kitchen tool, especially for quickly heating up frozen snack foods.
Cosori's smart air fryer has long been one of Amazon's most popular, and today's $84 Prime Day deal is as cheap as it's ever been listed.
Cosori Smart Air Fryer | $84 | Normally $120
You probably don't think of Amazon as an outdoor retailer, but their Prime Day outdoor sale would be right at home at REI, with great deals from top brands like ExOfficio, Marmot, and CamelBak. A variety of Coleman camping essentials are also on sale, on a separate page.
Even if you aren't much of an outdoors person, you should at the very least stock up on ExOfficio underwear, which is almost never available for this cheap. The legendary Give-N-Gos are moisture wicking, odor reducing, fast drying, and perfect for travelers who may need to occasionally wash them in a hotel sink.
ExOfficio's mind-blowing BugsAway apparel is also represented in the sale, and each piece features an odorless permethrin-based technology that repels bugs, and lasts for up to 70 wash cycles.
Coleman Camping Essentials | Amazon
Pressure cookers are great at cooking food quickly. Air fryers are great at achieving crispy results. But Ninja was the first company to mash them together into a single appliance, and the result was the Ninja Foodi.
The Foodi can do anything an Instant Pot can do, and then at the end, switch to an air frying mode to add a little crisp to your finished product. It's good for a great many things, but it particularly shines in the discipline of heating up frozen snack foods. The model on sale today even has a dehydrating mode to make dried fruits and meats.
It's not a small appliance, but you'll be able to use it for a lot of different recipes, and today's $150 is the best Amazon's ever listed on this extra large model.
Ninja Foodi Deluxe XL | $150 | Normally $230-$270
Tri-ply cookware, which combines the durable and non-reactive properties of stainless steel with the heat distribution properties of an aluminum core, was first popularized by All-Clad. But the technology isn't exclusively used by All-Clad.
These popular Cuisinart pans use the same metal-combining properties to create a great cooking experience, and at $125 today for a complete cookware set, you can upgrade your whole kitchen for the price of a single All-Clad pan.
Cuisinart Tri-Ply Cookware Set | $125 | Normally $180-$230
Want to experience a deep fried Thanksgiving turkey this year, but without making a cameo on your local fire department's YouTube channel? Cuisinart's rotisserie deep fryer can be used safely indoors to cook a 14 pound bird in just an hour, and today's $120 deal is exclusively for Prime members. Just be sure to invite us over for a taste.
Cuisinart Rotisserie Deep Fryer | $120 | Normally $160-$300
Noise Canceling Headphones
A good pair of noise canceling headphones is almost as important as a good suitcase for frequent travelers, and several of the most popular models on the market are on sale this Prime Day.
In our opinion, the most significant savings are on Bose's legendary QC35 II over-ear headphones, marked down to an all-time low $199 from the usual $350. In addition to nearly muting droning noises like airplane engines, they also make your music and podcasts sound great, and are incredibly comfortable for long listening sessions.
Bose QC35 II Noise Canceling Headphones | $199 | Normally $349
If only the best will do though, Prime Day's also brought out one of the first deals we've ever seen on Sony's new WH1000-XM4s. Most audio experts will tell you that these headphones offer the most comprehensive noise cancelation of any pair of headphones ever released, and you can get them for $298 from the usual $349, but with a bonus $25 Amazon gift card thrown in for good measure. Several of Sony's lower-end headphones are also on sale for Prime members, starting at $88.
Sony WH1000-XM4 Noise Canceling Headphones | $298 | Normally $349 | Plus $25 Amazon gift card
And finally, if you prefer earbuds to over-ears, you can't do better than Apple's AirPods Pros, which are on sale for $199 from the usual $249. That's one of the best deals we've ever seen on these, and it's available to non-Prime members as well. If you don't have an iPhone, you should also consider Amazon's own Echo Buds for $80, which also feature noise cancelation and, naturally, built-in Alexa.
Apple AirPods Pro | $199 | Normally $249
Amazon Echo Buds | $80 | Normally $130
Vacuuming is one of the worst chores, but also the one that's most easily pawned off on a robot. iRobot's Roombas have been cleaning our floors for nearly 20 years, and three of the newest models are on sale for the best prices ever this Prime Day.
The Roomba 692 ($200, down from $300) has Wi-Fi built in, so you can easily schedule it from your phone. The Roomba 981 ($400, down from $600) has more powerful suction, and advanced sensors that allow it to map out your room to find the most optimal cleaning path. And the Roomba i6+ ($600, down from $800) has all of the above, plus a self-emptying dustbin that cleans itself every time it docks on its charger.
Just remember that these deals are only available for Prime members, and could sell out early.
Foreo Luna Mini 2
The Foreo Luna Mini 2 uses micro pulses to cleanse deep below the skin on your face, and it's become something of a cult beauty favorite in recent years. But even in Black Fridays past, we've never seen it for $71 before.
Foreo Luna Mini 2 | $71 | Normally $119
Wireless Battery Pack
The best portable battery pack for travel is one that lets you forget the cord. These unique 10,000mAh and 20,000mAh USB batteries from Aukey can prop up your phone to watch videos on a plane, while simultaneously charging it through the built in Qi wireless charging pad, no power cord required.
Of course, both also include a USB port for your phone, and even an 18W USB-C Power Delivery port to fast-charge your phone or tablet, keep a Nintendo Switch running, or even trickle charge a laptop in a pinch.
Aukey 10,000mAh Wireless Battery Pack | $32 | Normally $40
Aukey 20,000mAh Wireless Battery Pack | $37 | Normally $46
The entry-level Casper Element mattress is only found on Amazon, and lacks some of the zoned contouring features of the more expensive mattresses that Casper sells on its own site (and through seemingly every other ad on every podcast ever). But at a new low price of $476 for a queen (other sizes are also on sale), it's one of the most affordable Casper mattress deals ever, and includes the brand's famous 100 night trial.
Casper Element Mattress | $316-$636 | Normally $395-$795
We're all going to be stuck inside for a while, so there's never been a better time to fill your board game cabinet with some fresh new experiences to enjoy with the family.
Nespresso is the easiest way to make good espresso at home, and the brand's Vertuo brewers can also make regular coffee in a pinch. Today only, De'Longhi's Vertuo brewer is on sale for $100 for Prime members, which is the best price Amazon's ever listed. It even includes 30 coffee pods to get you started.
De'Longhi Vertuo Nespresso Brewer + 30 Pods | $100 | Normally $160-$220
DJI Cameras and Drones
Your phone has a really good camera, sure, but DJI's class-leading smart photography gear will take your vacation photos and footage to a completely new level.
The highlight of DJI's Prime Day sales is the Osmo Mobile 3 gimbal for a new all-time low $99. This motorized stabilizer holds your phone (meaning it'll take better footage every time you buy a new phone with a better camera), and lets you take buttery smooth video on the move. With the DJI Osmo app, you can even set it to automatically track your subject, so you won't even need to look where you're shooting.
DJI Osmo Mobile 3 | $99 | Normally $119
The other highlight here, as you'd expect from a DJI sale, is a drone. Specifically, the pocket sized DJI Mavic Mini, which can capture 2.7K footage (halfway between 1080p and 4K) and stunning still photos from up to 1.5 miles away. Each battery will give you up to 30 minutes of flight time, and this bundle includes three of them for $399, down from the usual $499.
DJI Mavic Mini Drone Bundle | $399 | Normally $499
Instant Pot discounts are practically a Prime Day tradition, and this year is no different. While you won't find a standard sized pressure cooker in today's sales, you can get the best deals ever on a miniature 3 qt. model (perfect for cooking rice or sterilizing an N95 mask!), an 8 qt. model with an air fryer lid, and even a brand new 10 qt. model that can fit enough food for a Thanksgiving feast.
Our advice? Skip the Instant Pot Aura, which is basically just a fancy slow cooker. It doesn't actually do the thing that Instant Pots are best known for: pressure cooking.
Smart Home Gear
It wouldn't be Prime Day without myriad deals to make your house smarter, and Amazon's collected most of its smart home deals on this page. Of course, you'll find standbys like smart plugs, smart light switches, and smart locks, but the most interesting deal of the bunch has to be this steamer closet from Samsung ($899, from $1,048), which automatically steams and dewrinkles the clothes that you hang inside.
Smart Home Deals | Amazon
Samsung AirDresser | $899 | Normally $1,048
At some point in your life, you drink enough seltzer that flat water no longer satiates your thirst. Once you reach that point, your only chance of survival is to throw up your hands and buy a SodaStream, which start under $50 for Prime Day.
Each CO2 canister (at least one is included with each bundle) can carbonate 60L of water (about 169 cans worth), and can be replaced at any Target or Bed Bath & Beyond for just $15. Best of all, you can flavor every bottle with lemon juice, SodaStream syrup, or nothing at all. You no longer have to be in the thrall of big seltz; the level of carbonation and amount of flavoring is entirely up to you.
Amazon Kindle Unlimited
Kindle Unlimited is like Netflix for ebooks, and gives you unlimited access to over a million titles. Normally pried at $10 per month, you can get your first six months for half price to help pass the time while you're stuck at home. Just note that you'll auto-renew at the regular price at the end of the six month period if you don't cancel.
Even if you can't find time to read all of the books on your list, you can probably find time to listen to them. Audible has just about every audiobook under the sun, many of which are read aloud by their original author, and Prime members can get their first year's subscription for $100 right now in the lead-up to Prime Day, down from the usual $150.
As soon as you sign up, you'll instantly receive 12 ebook credits (one for every month of your membership, prepaid), each of which is valid on any Audible audiobook, including brand new releases and bestsellers. Plus, every book you buy is yours forever, even if you later cancel your membership. Do the math, and this deal is essentially like getting any 12 Audible books for about $8 each, compared to the $15-$20 most would cost if you purchased them a la carte.
You'll also get unlimited access to the Audible Plus catalog, which is full of Audible Originals, podcasts, guided wellness programs, and other audio content. Just remember that this deal is only available for Prime members who aren't currently Audible subscribers.
1-Year Audible Membership | $100 | Normally $150 | Prime members only
Amazon Music Unlimited
If you're not currently a subscriber to AmazonMusic Unlimited, you can get your first three months for just $1 right now, or four months if you're a Prime member.
The service is essentially the Amazon equivalent of Apple Music or Spotify, but if you're a Prime member, it's actually a bit less expensive the its competitors at $8 per month.
3-4 Months of Amazon Music Unlimited | $1 | Auto-renews at $8 or $10 per month, depending on Prime membership status.
The Frame TVs
Samsung's "The Frame" TV elevates the humble television set to high art. It's a great TV, yes, with Samsung's quantum dot-powered color reproduction tech, 4K resolution, HDR, and a suite of built-in smart apps.
But there are lots of TVs with all that stuff. The Frame separates itself by offering optional, high-end picture frame bezels that make it look like a, well, like a huge picture frame. A built-in art mode uses a motion sensor to detect when you're around while the TV is off, and transforms your screen into one of your favorite works of art. And Samsung's art store also lets you purchase and download more paintings from some of your favorite artists, so you can change up your living room's ambiance at will.
In what we can only assume is a deal tied to Prime Day (though it's available to non-Prime members as well), every size of the latest Frame TV is marked down to a new all-time low price, starting at $478.
Samsung The Frame TVs 2020 | Best prices ever | 55" down to $1,097 from $1300-$1500
Update: Sold out
LifeStraws are must-have accessories for any camper's backpack, and they're currently down to the best price we've ever seen as part of Amazon's Prime Day festivities.
Normally priced at $15-$17, LifeStraw allows you to drink up to 1,000 liters of water from any pond, stream, or puddle that you find, which could potentially save your life if you get stranded outdoors, or just allow you to pack less heavy water for a hike or camping trip. The built-in filters remove at least 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria, and 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites, surpassing the EPA's filtration standards, and it's as easy to use as, well, a straw.
Smart Garage Door Opener
Forgetting to close the garage door is bad, and the gnawing doubt of simply not remembering whether you closed it is arguably even worse.
But now, for just $17, you can banish this one specific anxiety trigger from your life forever. The MyQ Smart Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener is a Wi-Fi enabled device that'll work with pretty much any garage door opener out there. You just connect it to your existing garage door opener, tell it your Wi-Fi password, and presto: you can now open and close your garage door with your phone or favorite voice assistant, whether you're in your driveway, lying in bed, or even halfway around the world.
MyQ Garage Door Opener | $17 | Normally $30-$40
Echo Wall Clock
The Echo Wall Clock is, low-key, one of the most useful products Amazon's released in the last few years, and if these two things apply to you, you should absolutely buy it.
1) You frequently use an Echo device in the kitchen to set timers while you cook.
2) That Echo device is a speaker, and doesn't have a screen built in.
Anyone in this situation knows that digging through the Alexa app or asking your speaker how much time is left on your timer is a tedious process, but the Echo Wall Clock streamlines it by putting your timer right on your wall. In addition to acting as a standard, inoffensive 12-hour wall clock, it also has a ring of 60 LED tick marks around the outer edge that light up and count down in response to the timers you set with your Echo speaker. And since it's connected to your Echo, the clock always keeps perfect time, and even adjusts itself automatically for daylight saving time.
Echo Wall Clock | $24 | Normally $30
Echo Wall Clock - Mickey Mouse Edition | $35 | Normally $50
Trtl Travel Pillow
Trtl's travel pillows aren't like any travel pillow you've ever used. Unlike the donuts of foam or air that you're familiar with, Trtl pillows are designed like neck wraps, with padded ribs on one side to support your head when you nod off in economy class. It looks a little funny (what travel pillow doesn't?), but in our experience, it offers far more neck support than any traditional pillow we've tried.
For a limited time for Prime Day, the original Trtl Pillow has its first discount in months down to $24, from the usual $30. It's not the adjustable Trtl Pillow Plus ($60), but it's an affordable way to give the unique approach to upright sleeping a try.
Trtl Travel Pillow | $24 | Normally $30
Furbo Pet Camera
Your pets need a holiday gift too! If you can't stand to be away from your dog even for eight hours while you're at work, let alone during longer trips, the Furbo Pet Camera could be the best thing you get for yourself (and your furry friend) all year. It lets you check in with your pets from anywhere, talk to them over the two-way intercom, and even reward them by tossing a treat. $134 is within about a buck of an all-time low price, which means this is a great deal, no bones about it.
Furbo Pet Camera | $134 | Normally $179-$200
Fitbit Versa 2
Fitbits have come a long way from the simple pedometers of yore. The Fitbit Versa 2 can track your steps, your workouts, your sleep quality, your heart rate, and all of your other vital stats like you'd expect. But beyond its obvious health benefits, it's also a fully featured smart watch in its own right. You can add playlists, check your notifications, talk to Alexa, and get news alerts on your wrist, all for just $128 this Prime Day.
Fitbit Versa 2 | $128 | Normally $150-$200
When it comes to cooking thermometers, your search can begin and end with Thermoworks. The British brand's best-in-class thermometers can be found in the kitchens of many restaurants, and its iconic Thermapen is the choice of both Cook's Illustrated and America's Test Kitchen.
In just 2-3 seconds, the Thermapen will give you a reading accurate to within ±0.7°F (±0.4°C), and the backlit screen will even auto-rotate your readout depending on how you're holding the thermometer. The Thermapen rarely gets discounted, but in response to Prime Day, you can get it for $74, down from the usual $99.
Thermapen Mk 4 | $74 | Normally $99
While the Thermapen thrives on the stovetop, the ThermoWorks Smoke leave-in probe thermometer is better suited for the grill, smoker, or oven. It's also on sale for Prime Day for $74, from the usual $99.
ThermoWorks Smoke | $74 | Normally $99
The easiest cooking methods aren't usually associated with the best results, but with sous-vide, you get the best of both worlds.
The cooking method, which involves circulating precisely heated water around vacuum-sealed food, is almost impossible to screw up, and yet is the method of choice for many high-end restaurants and steakhouses around the world.
If you're ready to experience the most perfectly cooked steaks, the juiciest chicken, and the most delicious vegetables you've ever made at home, Anova's Wi-FI connected sous-vide circulator (the model I use myself), is down to $139, from the usual $200.
We've seen cheaper circulators in the past, but the Anova's 1000W heating element will heat up your water faster than most, and its Wi-Fi connectivity will let you start heating up your water bath while you're on your way home from work.
Anova Precision Cooker | $139 | Normally $200
Sony a7R III
Serious photographers need a serious camera — and the Sony a7R III is as serious as they come. In fact, Ken Rockwell called it “the best mirrorless camera ever introduced for consumer photography.” For an unprecedented price, you can get one of the best cameras money can buy.
There are many reasons why this Prime Day deal is a steal, including a full frame sensor in a compact body, advanced image processing, and motion tracking so that blurry Bigfoot-esque pictures are a thing of the past. The light-gulping sensor allows for maximum light, whether you are filming a YouTube video indoors or exploring your night surroundings.
As if this wasn’t enough, the Sony a7R III also takes crystal clear 4K HDR videos, making it perfect for everything from serious sports clips to a wedding highlight reel.
$2,298 is a new all-time low price by $200, and $500 below its typical selling price.
Sony a7R III Mirrorless Camera | $2,298 | Normally $2,498 - $2,798
Even More Savings
- If you have a Nintendo Switch, it's worth having an extra controller or two handy for Mario Kart multiplayer. This wireless controller from 8Bitdo is ideal for 2D games thanks to its SNES-like layout, but the inclusion of dual analog sticks and L2/R2 shoulder buttons mean you can use it to play any game you want. It's almost never discounted from its usual $50, but Prime members can pick it up for $38 today, which is a whole lot less than an extra Pro controller from Nintendo.
- Stanley's rugged, vacuum insulated food and drink bottles let you bring coffee or hot food out to a campsite, secure in the knowledge that it'll still be hot hours later. Prime members can save on several sizes and varieties today, most of which are available in Stanley's iconic Hammertone Green colorway.
- Use promo code AKCTC8854 to get a 10' USB-C laptop charging cable from Anker for just $10, complete with a lifetime warranty.
- There are few things in the world more viscerally satisfying than pressure washing a dirty surface. Want proof? Just check out a few posts on this pressure washing subreddit. This incredibly popular, 2,030 PSI electric washer from Sun Joe includes five nozzles for different kinds of washing tasks, and $104 is a new all-time low price. Have fun, but be careful.
- Here's 900 dog poop bags with a dispenser for $11, a new all-time low. That's it. That's the deal.
- If you travel with a GoPro, a Nintendo Switch, a drone, or any other gadgets that use microSD cards for storage, this ultra-speedy 512GB card is down to $70 for Prime members, within $2 of the best price we've ever seen.
- Have you noticed how expensive lemons and limes have gotten lately? It behooves you to extract as much juice as possible from each one, and nothing will extract more than the Chef'n FreshForce Citrus Juicer ($15, from $20-$25), which combines leverage and a dual gear system to apply maximum force to your fruit. Bonus: it's dishwasher safe.
- The 3Doodler took something kind of nerdy and technical – 3D printing – and turned it into something that anyone can do for fun. The pen melts and forms printing plastic into three dimensional shapes, like a doodle that jumps off the page. Obviously, it won't be as precise as an actual 3D printer, but it's a whole lot more interactive, and at $54, it's affordable enough to give as a gift.
- If you've held off buying Halloween candy this long, you're in luck. A bunch of it is deeply discounted for Prime members, including the G.O.A.T. Halloween candy: Reese's Pumpkins.
- Head back to Hogwarts with a complete 8-film Harry Potter box set for the best price ever. Choose from standard Blu-ray for $27, or get the 4K version for $79. The DVD version is also on sale for $22, but we'd probably skip that.
- We're all bingers now, and if there's a show that you really love, it's best not to trust that it'll always be available on a convenient streaming service. Today only, Prime members can save on the complete series box sets of Friends, The Office, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Mad Men, and more. Many even include digital copies, so you won't even need a Blu-ray player.
- Dads of the world, come together and rejoice: Prime Day includes a New Balance sneaker sale.
- Use promo code OCTSALE40 to take 40% off nearly every piece of software that StackSocial sells.
- The latest iPad, iPad Mini, and iPad Pro are all down to new all-time low prices.
- For serious photographers only: the 42 megapixel Sony a7R III is down to a new all-time low $2,298.
- You can never own enough flash storage, and Prime Day means a ton of deals on SD cards, microSD cards, flash drives, and the like. Didn't find what you wanted? Here's another sale with the same sorts of stuff, just from different brands.
- If you're still not happy with your home office setup, Amazon's got a variety of computer monitors for all needs and budgets on sale for Prime members. Our pick? This 27" 4K monitor from LG is down to $380 from $450, and can be fully powered by a single USB-C cable from your computer.
- Eagle Creek makes some of the best packing cubes money can buy, and they're all on sale today on Amazon.
- If you're heading into a situation that requires you to wear a face mask for hours on end, Cabeau's new mask tape can make it far more comfortable on your ears and face, while keeping your glasses fog free. Get a roll for $9, down from the usual $15.
- This Gorilla Carts dump cart can hold 600 pounds, and makes gardening a breeze. $70 is the lowest price of the year, and it's not even reserved for Prime members.
- Our favorite travel umbrella rarely gets cheaper than $23, but Prime members can get it for $18.
- South African Biltong is like beef jerky, but better. You can currently get a 4 oz. bag of Ayoba biltong (which we love) for $11 for Prime Day (down from $13), in both original and spicy flavors.
- You might not need it in the immediate future, but every traveler should have a universal international power adapter in their arsenal. This one ($16, down from $20) turns any kind of international outlet into any other type of outlet you need, and also has four USB ports built in for charging your mobile devices.
- Calvin Klein's underwear and loungewear is almost certainly better than whatever's in your top drawer right now, so treat yourself to some Prime Day deals on the brand's excellent basics.
- Amazon's put together an impressive collection of kitchen gear deals, including Victorinox knives, Stasher reusable silicone bags, and Contigo travel mugs.
- Several RXBAR flavors are an extra 30% off at checkout for Prime members.
- Your phone is dirtier than most doorknobs and toilet seats, and yet, you probably never clean it beyond wiping smudges off the screen. PhoneSoap 3 is a specially designed cradle that kills germs and viruses on the surface of your phone with the power of UV light, and you can clip the 20% coupon to get one today for $64, down from $80.
- Add some more denim to your life with Amazon's Prime Day Levi's sale.
- If you, like me, plan to live in joggers and sweatpants for the next six months, you'll want to check out Amazon's Prime Day activewear deals.
- You need laundry detergent anyway, so why not buy it on Prime Day?
- GoldenTee is the G.O.A.T. bar arcade game, and you can put it in your garage with this Arcade1Up cabinet for an all-time low $250.
- Use Prime Day as an excuse to take your oral health seriously. A variety of toothbrushes, whitestrips, and more are on sale, including this Oral-B smart electric toothbrush for $100, a new all-time low price by $100.