Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card is, obviously, only for business purposes, its new elevated offer is lucrative enough that you'll want to start a business just to get it.
Inboxlab has partnered with The Points Guy affiliate network for our coverage of credit card products. Inboxlab and The Points Guy may receive a commission from card issuers. The offers mentioned below are subject to change at any time and some may no longer be available.
Currently, if you sign up for the card and spend $5,000 on purchases in your first three months, you'll get 70,000 Southwest Rapid Reweards bonus points, worth $1,050 in travel according to The Points Guy's latest valuations.
Then, if you spent $25,000 total in your first six months, you'll get an extra 30,000 bonus points thrown in for good measure. Those 100,000 points combined would be worth $1,500, and don't even account for the points you'll earn for your regular spending to reach the bonus threshholds.
But first thing's first: who should get a business credit card? Do you own or operate a company? That's a business! Do you ever drive for Uber or Lyft? You're a business! Do you occasionally take photos and sell them on stock image sites? It needn't be lucrative to be a business! You don't need to be a CEO to justify a business credit card; it's a great way to keep your personal and professional purchases separate.
Once you get the card, you'll enjoy some of the same benefits you'd get with the consumer facing Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card, plus a few that you won't find anywhere else.
- Earn 3 points for every $1 you spend on Southwest Airlines® purchases.
- Earn 2 points for every $1 you spend on social media and search engine advertising, internet, cable, and phone services.
- 9,000 Southwest points every year on your cardmember anniversary.
- Four Upgraded Boardings (A1-A15) per year when available; just inquire with a gate agent, and charge the fee to your card.
- Global Entry or TSA Precheck fee credit in the form of a statement credit of up to $100 every four years.
- 365 all-day Wi-Fi credits per year. Just pay for your in-flight internet with the card, and your account will be credited for the cost.
It's the most perks of any Southwest card, but it also carries the highest annual fee of $199. That said, the 9,000 point anniversary bonus is worth $135 on its own, and Wi-Fi usually costs $8 per flight, so it's easy to make up for the cost, even if you ignore the valuable welcome offer.
Editorial Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Photo: The Points Guy